Pregnant anxiety attacks, what to do?

Pregnant anxiety attacks, what to do?

We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

"I have anxiety attacks since I got pregnant, will they stop by themselves?" Anna Roy, a liberal and hospitable midwife, answers Carine's question.

The answer of Anna Roy, liberal and hospitable midwife in Paris.

  • Having pangs of anxiety is not surprising! They are due to the hormonal upheavals triggered by pregnancy as well as the fear of childbirth and the concerns of a future child. They are quite common in pregnant women.
  • If they appear in some women at the beginning of pregnancy, anxiety attacks may tend to increase over the months: fear of childbirth and that of not being up to the challenge as a mother come to tapping the woman pregnant. They disappear most often a few weeks or months after birth, once the rhythms between the baby and the mother are in place.
  • If the increase of this tension seems quite logical, and is rather banal and not serious, it does not mean that it must be submitted without trying to lighten it. You need to talk to your midwife or obstetrician to find ways to improve your quality of life and not keep them for yourself.
  • There are several solutions to alleviate the anxieties of the pregnant woman: prenatal yoga, sophrology, homeopathy, hypnotherapy, herbal medicine, acupuncture ... This is why we should not let them settle without talking with his practitioner. Women suffering from severe anxiety may prefer a pregnancy follow-up with a liberal midwife, who can give them more time for listening and speaking and with which they can follow an individual and better adapted preparation for 'collective preparation.
  • When these anxieties become too disabling in everyday life (some women become agoraphobic, can no longer take transport, or go to work ...), we must refer these women to a psychologist or psychiatrist so that she can benefit from more appropriate support.

Interview by Frédérique Odasso

Other expert answers.


  1. Saewald

    Fascinatingly. I would also like to hear the opinion of experts on this matter.

  2. Serban

    Times me from doing it.

  3. Harti

    Incidentally, this thought occurs right now

Write a message